If you’ve decided to take your business to the next level with an overhead crane solution, there are a few questions that you can answer ahead of time to ensure that your provider is recommending the best possible solution for your business.
Questions to Help Identify the Right Overhead Crane Solution
- What are the dimensions of your facility? Providing a floor plan can help your provider recommend the best solution.
- How heavy are the loads?
- How many loads must be lifted per hour?
- How many hours per day and days per week will you be in operation?
- What is the type of movement needed? For example, is the crane lifting and lowering along a straight line? Or will it be moving from side to side?
- What’s the temperature of the facility? Are there significant fluctuations in temperature between areas or throughout the year?
- What type of materials will be near the crane during operations? For example, potentially explosive materials may require that you use a pneumatic hoist rather than an electrical hoist.
- Are there potentially harmful materials that might damage the crane over time - dust, gases, moisture, etc.?
- Will the lifts require rapid, repeatable lifting or slow, precise crane handling?
- Are you looking for a setup that is fairly permanent or do you need a flexible solution that may change significantly in 6-12 months?